Oct 2, 2010, 12:07 AM EDT
NEW YORK — For all the shuffling around that’s taken place in the outfield this season, the Nationals might very well enter 2011 with the same group of players vying for three starting spots.
Though the Nats got consistent, everyday production from only left fielder Josh Willingham (whose season ended in August due to a knee injury), they feel like the remaining quartet of Nyjer Morgan, Roger Bernadina, Michael Morse and Justin Maxwell could be more productive than anything they could reasonably acquire this winter.
“I think the most likely scenario is we’ll have pretty much the same group,” Jim Riggleman said before tonight’s game against the Mets. “Now, if [GM] Mike [Rizzo] acquires an outfielder that has superior numbers to these guys, then these guys will be put on the back burner. But I don’t anticipate that happening.”
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'
- Both ALDS shift to Texas for Game 3s
- Both NL Division Series continue with Saturday doubleheader
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?