Oct 3, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
NEW YORK — If this is his last game with the Nationals, Adam Dunn certainly isn't approaching it with any added emotion. The soon-to-be-free agent was his usual self in the clubhouse this morning, joking around with everyone, setting his fantasy football roster and generally avoiding any thoughts about where he'll be playing next year.
"I'm looking at this like it's the last game of the season, like I'd treat any one," he said.
Dunn wouldn't make any predictions or answer hypothetical scenarios about his future, but he did perhaps shed some light about one factor he'll take into consideration this fall when deciding where to sign: The prospect of winning.
Dunn has never played in the postseason, has never actually played for a winning team. He currently ranks 61st among all active position players in games played (1,448 today) and if the Giants make it to the playoffs, only one guy ahead of him on the list (Randy Winn: 1,716) will have never made it to the postseason.
"That's why you play the game, to get to the postseason," Dunn said. "There's a lot of good players who haven't been to the postseason. I don't want to be one of those guys at the end their careers who will beRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing