Oct 3, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
NEW YORK — If this is his last game with the Nationals, Adam Dunn certainly isn't approaching it with any added emotion. The soon-to-be-free agent was his usual self in the clubhouse this morning, joking around with everyone, setting his fantasy football roster and generally avoiding any thoughts about where he'll be playing next year.
"I'm looking at this like it's the last game of the season, like I'd treat any one," he said.
Dunn wouldn't make any predictions or answer hypothetical scenarios about his future, but he did perhaps shed some light about one factor he'll take into consideration this fall when deciding where to sign: The prospect of winning.
Dunn has never played in the postseason, has never actually played for a winning team. He currently ranks 61st among all active position players in games played (1,448 today) and if the Giants make it to the playoffs, only one guy ahead of him on the list (Randy Winn: 1,716) will have never made it to the postseason.
"That's why you play the game, to get to the postseason," Dunn said. "There's a lot of good players who haven't been to the postseason. I don't want to be one of those guys at the end their careers who will beRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?