Oct 4, 2010, 4:15 AM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez posted 21 quality starts but won only 10 games.
NEW YORK — Now that the season is complete, scan the Nationals' stat page. You'll notice some impressive individual performances.
Adam Dunn hit 38 homers, drove in 103 runs and posted an .892 OPS. Ryan Zimmerman hit .307 with 25 homers and an .898 OPS. Ian Desmond hit a respectable .269 with 10 homers, 27 doubles, 65 RBI and 17 steals as a rookie. Michael Morse hit .289 with 15 homers in very limited playing time. Josh Willingham had a .389 on-base percentage before succumbing to a knee injury in August.
On the pitching front, Livan Hernandez maintained a 3.66 ERA and had 21 quality starts. John Lannan finished with a .500 record after a wretched first half to the season. Stephen Strasburg struck out 92 batters in 68 innings. Seven relievers finished with ERAs under 4.00, three of them with ERAs under 3.00.
Looking up and down the Nationals' roster, I can objectively count 18 players who either had legitimately good seasons or at least exceeded what was expected of them back on Opening Day: Zimmerman, Dunn, Desmond, Morse, Willingham, Strasburg, Hernandez, Danny Espinosa, Wilson Ramos, Roger Bernadina, Drew Storen, Tyler Clippard, Sean Burnett, Joel Peralta, Doug Slaten, Collin Balester, Miguel Batista andRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago