Oct 4, 2010, 4:15 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez posted 21 quality starts but won only 10 games.
NEW YORK — Now that the season is complete, scan the Nationals' stat page. You'll notice some impressive individual performances.
Adam Dunn hit 38 homers, drove in 103 runs and posted an .892 OPS. Ryan Zimmerman hit .307 with 25 homers and an .898 OPS. Ian Desmond hit a respectable .269 with 10 homers, 27 doubles, 65 RBI and 17 steals as a rookie. Michael Morse hit .289 with 15 homers in very limited playing time. Josh Willingham had a .389 on-base percentage before succumbing to a knee injury in August.
On the pitching front, Livan Hernandez maintained a 3.66 ERA and had 21 quality starts. John Lannan finished with a .500 record after a wretched first half to the season. Stephen Strasburg struck out 92 batters in 68 innings. Seven relievers finished with ERAs under 4.00, three of them with ERAs under 3.00.
Looking up and down the Nationals' roster, I can objectively count 18 players who either had legitimately good seasons or at least exceeded what was expected of them back on Opening Day: Zimmerman, Dunn, Desmond, Morse, Willingham, Strasburg, Hernandez, Danny Espinosa, Wilson Ramos, Roger Bernadina, Drew Storen, Tyler Clippard, Sean Burnett, Joel Peralta, Doug Slaten, Collin Balester, Miguel Batista andRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?