Oct 4, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
So, the season's over. Players have dispersed around the world, from Northern California (Drew Storen) to the Netherlands (Roger Bernadina). Mike Rizzo is preparing to go to Viera, Fla., to watch some instructional league games. Stan Kasten is preparing to vacate his office and move back to Atlanta before embarking on whatever is next in his professional career.
Everyone has plans for the offseason, including yours truly.
Before I get to that, let me just say one last time how much I enjoyed covering this season. The interesting storylines on the field helped make that possible, but not nearly as much as all of you did. The daily interaction I had with you loyal readers, whether through comments on the site, email, Twitter or face-to-face at the ballpark, was the real highlight of the season. It made for an experience I'd never had before in 12 years as a professional sportswriter, and it's what kept me going every day for the last eight months through all the highs and lows of a baseball season.
And there were plenty of highs and lows for the Nationals over the course of 162 games. I'm proud to say I witnessed 129 of those games in person (69 at home, 60 on the road) plus another 25 at spring training, and I'm humbled to say that wouldn't have been possibleRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings