Oct 4, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
So, the season's over. Players have dispersed around the world, from Northern California (Drew Storen) to the Netherlands (Roger Bernadina). Mike Rizzo is preparing to go to Viera, Fla., to watch some instructional league games. Stan Kasten is preparing to vacate his office and move back to Atlanta before embarking on whatever is next in his professional career.
Everyone has plans for the offseason, including yours truly.
Before I get to that, let me just say one last time how much I enjoyed covering this season. The interesting storylines on the field helped make that possible, but not nearly as much as all of you did. The daily interaction I had with you loyal readers, whether through comments on the site, email, Twitter or face-to-face at the ballpark, was the real highlight of the season. It made for an experience I'd never had before in 12 years as a professional sportswriter, and it's what kept me going every day for the last eight months through all the highs and lows of a baseball season.
And there were plenty of highs and lows for the Nationals over the course of 162 games. I'm proud to say I witnessed 129 of those games in person (69 at home, 60 on the road) plus another 25 at spring training, and I'm humbled to say that wouldn't have been possibleRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week