Oct 6, 2010, 10:37 PM EDT
Stan Kasten’s last official day running the Nationals came today, but the outgoing president was already talking about meetings and issues still on his agenda over the next few weeks. He’s got a radio deal to negotiate, a spring training relocation to consider and any number of other items yet to address.
So the message of Kasten’s press conference this afternoon was less “farewell” and more “see you around.”
“The exit is kind of going to be slow motion,” he said. “Because today is my last official day, but I’ll be back later on this week to do some other stuff, next week and in a couple of weeks I’ll be back. And I’m still very close to all the owners, all the people in the office. So I’ll be in and out.”
For more details from Kasten’s 30-minute press conference — during which he addressed the Esmailyn Gonzalez scandal, the attempt to move spring training from Viera, the possibility of becoming commissioner and why there has been no naming rights deal for Nationals Park — read my story on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Has Strasburg earned Game 1 start in playoffs?
- Around the NL East: Braves on the verge of elimination
- After nailbiter, Nationals on the cusp of a clinch
- Strasburg dominates as Nats win 4-2
- Harper latest Nats player to come down with bug
- LaRoche named finalist for Man of Year award
- Zimmerman ready for game action in Viera
- Strasburg tries to exorcise Atlanta demons
- Nationals putting NLDS tickets on sale Monday
- State of the Nats: Nationals can clinch this week against rivals