Oct 6, 2010, 10:37 PM EDT
Stan Kasten’s last official day running the Nationals came today, but the outgoing president was already talking about meetings and issues still on his agenda over the next few weeks. He’s got a radio deal to negotiate, a spring training relocation to consider and any number of other items yet to address.
So the message of Kasten’s press conference this afternoon was less “farewell” and more “see you around.”
“The exit is kind of going to be slow motion,” he said. “Because today is my last official day, but I’ll be back later on this week to do some other stuff, next week and in a couple of weeks I’ll be back. And I’m still very close to all the owners, all the people in the office. So I’ll be in and out.”
For more details from Kasten’s 30-minute press conference — during which he addressed the Esmailyn Gonzalez scandal, the attempt to move spring training from Viera, the possibility of becoming commissioner and why there has been no naming rights deal for Nationals Park — read my story on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring