Oct 6, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tim Lincecum will try to lead the Giants to their first title since Willie Mays' catch in 1954.
Ah, feel that crispness in the air? See those leaves starting to change colors? Notice no sign of baseball around these parts?
Yes, October is in full swing and the postseason begins today. In New York and Minnesota and Tampa Bay and Texas and Philadelphia and Cincinnati and San Francisco and Atlanta, the tension really begins to mount now. For the rest of us, the real fun begins.
This month will be a little strange for me, because I've been used to covering the playoffs and World Series. I haven't missed one since 2004 when I was on the Redskins beat, but I have to say I'm actually looking forward to watching it all play out on TV. Instead of missing most games other than the one I was covering, I'll have the opportunity to watch them all … well, aside from some of today's early proceedings because Stan Kasten is holding his farewell press conference at 3 p.m. (Interfering with our lives right down to the end, huh, Stan?)
Since I'll be watching most of it, and since I know you'll be watching most of it, I wanted to make sure I'm providing a forum for everyone to discuss it. So, just like the regular season, I'll be posting threads for each scheduled game this month, with lineups, TV/radio info andRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'