Oct 8, 2010, 1:00 AM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Braves and Giants kick off their series at AT&T Park.
Five games have already been played this postseason. We've seen a no-hitter. We've seen a couple of managers ejected. We've seen a 10-strikeout game. And we've seen the road team win four of those five games. And one of the four Division Series hasn't even started yet!
Finally, the Braves and Giants are ready to commence with their NLDS out in San Francisco. This series has its own intriguing storylines, from Bobby Cox's final run as Atlanta manager to the Giants trying to win their first World Series since Willie Mays roamed the Polo Grounds in 1954. It also features Tim Lincecum's postseason debut, which is reason alone to stay up late tonight.
Nationals fans may also be interested to learn of one player who was left off the Giants' postseason roster: Jose Guillen, who was picked up in midseason after getting dumped by the Royals and wound up playing a significant role down the stretch. Guillen, though, has a disc problem in his neck, and the club determined he couldn't play, so he's off the roster.
3B Omar Infante
RF Jason Heyward
1B Derrek Lee
C Brian McCann
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news
- Hard not to like Fister trade for Nationals
- Nats re-sign Ohlendorf, tender contracts to 8 others
- Nats acquire Fister in 4-player trade with Tigers