Oct 9, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tommy Hanson faces Matt Cain in Game 2 at AT&T Park.
Just how dominant was Tim Lincecum last night? Well, his 14 strikeouts were the third most in postseason history, surpassed only by Bob Gibson's 17 strikeouts in Game 1 of the 1968 World Series and Roger Clemens' 15 strikeouts in Game 4 of the 2000 ALCS. Pretty exclusive company.
But Lincecum's gem is now history and the Giants have to focus their attention on winning Game 2 tonight against the Braves. Matt Cain, a pretty good power right-hander in his own right, gets the nod for San Francisco against Tommy Hanson, also a pretty good young right-hander.
If the Braves can pull this one out, they'll have to like their chances going back to Turner Field, where they posted the majors' best home record. They'll also have ace Tim Hudson going in Game 3. So in a strange sort of way, the pressure's still on San Francisco tonight to win Game 2.
I'll post some thoughts along the way and, as always, am interested to know what you all think…
3B Omar Infante
RF Jason Heyward
1B Derrek Lee
C Brian McCann
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos