Oct 9, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tommy Hanson faces Matt Cain in Game 2 at AT&T Park.
Just how dominant was Tim Lincecum last night? Well, his 14 strikeouts were the third most in postseason history, surpassed only by Bob Gibson's 17 strikeouts in Game 1 of the 1968 World Series and Roger Clemens' 15 strikeouts in Game 4 of the 2000 ALCS. Pretty exclusive company.
But Lincecum's gem is now history and the Giants have to focus their attention on winning Game 2 tonight against the Braves. Matt Cain, a pretty good power right-hander in his own right, gets the nod for San Francisco against Tommy Hanson, also a pretty good young right-hander.
If the Braves can pull this one out, they'll have to like their chances going back to Turner Field, where they posted the majors' best home record. They'll also have ace Tim Hudson going in Game 3. So in a strange sort of way, the pressure's still on San Francisco tonight to win Game 2.
I'll post some thoughts along the way and, as always, am interested to know what you all think…
3B Omar Infante
RF Jason Heyward
1B Derrek Lee
C Brian McCann
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Sunday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Sunday's games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today
- As Nats hold breath, Zimmerman passes test