Oct 9, 2010, 1:00 AM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tommy Hanson faces Matt Cain in Game 2 at AT&T Park.
Just how dominant was Tim Lincecum last night? Well, his 14 strikeouts were the third most in postseason history, surpassed only by Bob Gibson's 17 strikeouts in Game 1 of the 1968 World Series and Roger Clemens' 15 strikeouts in Game 4 of the 2000 ALCS. Pretty exclusive company.
But Lincecum's gem is now history and the Giants have to focus their attention on winning Game 2 tonight against the Braves. Matt Cain, a pretty good power right-hander in his own right, gets the nod for San Francisco against Tommy Hanson, also a pretty good young right-hander.
If the Braves can pull this one out, they'll have to like their chances going back to Turner Field, where they posted the majors' best home record. They'll also have ace Tim Hudson going in Game 3. So in a strange sort of way, the pressure's still on San Francisco tonight to win Game 2.
I'll post some thoughts along the way and, as always, am interested to know what you all think…
3B Omar Infante
RF Jason Heyward
1B Derrek Lee
C Brian McCann
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon