Oct 9, 2010, 1:00 AM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tommy Hanson faces Matt Cain in Game 2 at AT&T Park.
Just how dominant was Tim Lincecum last night? Well, his 14 strikeouts were the third most in postseason history, surpassed only by Bob Gibson's 17 strikeouts in Game 1 of the 1968 World Series and Roger Clemens' 15 strikeouts in Game 4 of the 2000 ALCS. Pretty exclusive company.
But Lincecum's gem is now history and the Giants have to focus their attention on winning Game 2 tonight against the Braves. Matt Cain, a pretty good power right-hander in his own right, gets the nod for San Francisco against Tommy Hanson, also a pretty good young right-hander.
If the Braves can pull this one out, they'll have to like their chances going back to Turner Field, where they posted the majors' best home record. They'll also have ace Tim Hudson going in Game 3. So in a strange sort of way, the pressure's still on San Francisco tonight to win Game 2.
I'll post some thoughts along the way and, as always, am interested to know what you all think…
3B Omar Infante
RF Jason Heyward
1B Derrek Lee
C Brian McCann
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Rivero build off strong rookie year?
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?