Oct 10, 2010, 12:00 AM EST
Photo courtesy New York Yankees
The Twins must win or be eliminated tonight at Yankee Stadium.
All that worry about the Yankees' thin rotation and the problem of having to start all three starters on short rest? It can be a moot point if the Bronx Bombers can finish off the Twins tonight and sweep this ALDS.
Phil Hughes takes the mound as New York's Game 3 starter, facing a Minnesota club that simply has to feel like it can't do anything to beat its nemesis. Even if the Twins take a lead, the doubts will still be in the back of their minds, because they've lost eight straight postseason games to the Yankees, blowing a lead every single time.
Quite the dilemma for Minnesota's players, who not only need to overcome their demons to win tonight's game, but then would need to do it twice more to win the series. Left-hander Brian Duensing, who was very good this season going 10-3 with a 2.62 ERA as both a starter and reliever, gets the ball in this do-or-die game for the Twins…
CF Denard Span
2B Orlando Hudson
C Joe Mauer
RF Jason Kubel
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett