Oct 10, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Great American Ball Park hosts its first-ever postseason game tonight.
The postseason hasn't been in Cincinnati since 1995, back when the Reds still played at Riverfront Stadium, Barry Larkin was the starting shortstop and Jim Bowden was the GM. Yeah, it's been a while.
And the return to the Queen City may be incredibly brief if the Reds can't figure out a way to get their act together and win Game 3 tonight. They've offered little reason to believe they can take down the Phillies through the series' first two games, whether getting no-hit by Roy Halladay or committing four errors in the Game 2 loss. It's going to take something special tonight to prolong this series.
One bit of encouraging news for Cincinnati: Shortstop Orlando Cabrera, who had originally been out of the lineup with with a strained oblique, talked way back in. He'll bat eighth, but we'll see if he can hold up…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park
Gametime: 8:07 p.m.
TV: TBS Radio: WTNT-570 AM
CF Shane Victorino
3B Placido Polanco
2B Chase Utley
1B Ryan Howard
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox