Oct 15, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Texas Rangers
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington hosts its first ALCS beginning tonight.
For all the attention lavished upon CC Sabathia (and deservedly so) let's not forget the left-hander who will be taking the mound tonight for the Rangers. C.J. Wilson is quite deserving of attention himself, having transformed himself from a middle reliever to a successful closer to a 15-game winner in his first season as a big-league starter. And he wasn't too shabby in his postseason debut, shutting out the Rays over 6 1/3 innings and allowing only two hits in the process.
Wilson also has had impressive success in his career many of the members of tonight's Yankees lineup: Mark Teixeira (0-for-5), Curtis Granderson (0-for-6), Brett Gardner (0-for-5), Jorge Posada (0-for-3), Brett Gardner (0-for-5) and, of course, Alex Rodriguez (1-for-13). For a Texas squad trying to get to Cliff Lee in Game 3 with the series tied, a Wilson victory tonight over Sabathia would be huge.
I'll have some thoughts along the way, and as always, please share your thoughts as well…
SS Derek Jeter
RF Nick Swisher
1B Mark Teixeira
3B Alex Rodriguez
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers