Oct 15, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Texas Rangers
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington hosts its first ALCS beginning tonight.
For all the attention lavished upon CC Sabathia (and deservedly so) let's not forget the left-hander who will be taking the mound tonight for the Rangers. C.J. Wilson is quite deserving of attention himself, having transformed himself from a middle reliever to a successful closer to a 15-game winner in his first season as a big-league starter. And he wasn't too shabby in his postseason debut, shutting out the Rays over 6 1/3 innings and allowing only two hits in the process.
Wilson also has had impressive success in his career many of the members of tonight's Yankees lineup: Mark Teixeira (0-for-5), Curtis Granderson (0-for-6), Brett Gardner (0-for-5), Jorge Posada (0-for-3), Brett Gardner (0-for-5) and, of course, Alex Rodriguez (1-for-13). For a Texas squad trying to get to Cliff Lee in Game 3 with the series tied, a Wilson victory tonight over Sabathia would be huge.
I'll have some thoughts along the way, and as always, please share your thoughts as well…
SS Derek Jeter
RF Nick Swisher
1B Mark Teixeira
3B Alex Rodriguez
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats