Oct 15, 2010, 2:36 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roy Halladay starts Game 1 of the NLCS for the Phillies tomorrow night.
It's hard to imagine the next round of the postseason matching the previous one for sheer drama. In the four Division Series alone, we saw a no-hitter, a 14-strikeout game, two Cliff Lee starts in which he struck out at least 10 and walked none, a Giants-Braves series in which all four games were decided by one run and a Rangers-Rays series in which all five games were won by the visiting team.
Tough to top that, right? Then again, consider what we have on our plates in the NLCS and ALCS: The potential for two Roy Halladay-vs-Tim Lincecum showdowns, the potential for Cliff Lee starting Game 7, the potential for the Phillies to become the first NL team to win three straight pennants since the 1942-44 Cardinals and the potential for the Rangers to reach the World Series for the first time in franchise history. So this round could yet prove captivating in its own right.
It all gets started tonight in Texas with Game 1 between the Yankees and Rangers, and it could extend all the way to next Sunday with a possible Game 7 between the Giants and Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. Here's a preview (and some predictions)…
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 12:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Pitchers' duel becomes battle of bullpens in Nationals 10-4 loss
- Mike Rizzo: Cabrera deal was made out of necessity (VIDEO)
- Nats make deadline move for Asdrubal Cabrera
- Gio, Nats host Phillies for first of four-game set at Nationals Park
- On deadline day, Nationals have decisions to make
- Nationals Stock Watch: Roark leading Nats' rotation
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip