Oct 15, 2010, 2:36 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roy Halladay starts Game 1 of the NLCS for the Phillies tomorrow night.
It's hard to imagine the next round of the postseason matching the previous one for sheer drama. In the four Division Series alone, we saw a no-hitter, a 14-strikeout game, two Cliff Lee starts in which he struck out at least 10 and walked none, a Giants-Braves series in which all four games were decided by one run and a Rangers-Rays series in which all five games were won by the visiting team.
Tough to top that, right? Then again, consider what we have on our plates in the NLCS and ALCS: The potential for two Roy Halladay-vs-Tim Lincecum showdowns, the potential for Cliff Lee starting Game 7, the potential for the Phillies to become the first NL team to win three straight pennants since the 1942-44 Cardinals and the potential for the Rangers to reach the World Series for the first time in franchise history. So this round could yet prove captivating in its own right.
It all gets started tonight in Texas with Game 1 between the Yankees and Rangers, and it could extend all the way to next Sunday with a possible Game 7 between the Giants and Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. Here's a preview (and some predictions)…
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats