Oct 15, 2010, 2:36 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roy Halladay starts Game 1 of the NLCS for the Phillies tomorrow night.
It's hard to imagine the next round of the postseason matching the previous one for sheer drama. In the four Division Series alone, we saw a no-hitter, a 14-strikeout game, two Cliff Lee starts in which he struck out at least 10 and walked none, a Giants-Braves series in which all four games were decided by one run and a Rangers-Rays series in which all five games were won by the visiting team.
Tough to top that, right? Then again, consider what we have on our plates in the NLCS and ALCS: The potential for two Roy Halladay-vs-Tim Lincecum showdowns, the potential for Cliff Lee starting Game 7, the potential for the Phillies to become the first NL team to win three straight pennants since the 1942-44 Cardinals and the potential for the Rangers to reach the World Series for the first time in franchise history. So this round could yet prove captivating in its own right.
It all gets started tonight in Texas with Game 1 between the Yankees and Rangers, and it could extend all the way to next Sunday with a possible Game 7 between the Giants and Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. Here's a preview (and some predictions)…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager