Oct 16, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
Photo courtesy Texas Rangers
The Yankees look to take a commanding 2-0 series lead at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
After a dramatic rally from five runs down last night, the Yankees now find themselves in the driver's seat in the ALCS. Win again today, and they head home up 2-0 on the Rangers. Even if they lose to Cliff Lee in Game 3, they'd still have a chance to close out the series without having to return to Texas. Then again, maybe the prospect of a return trip to Arlington isn't so bad considering the Rangers' shoddy history. They've now lost all seven postseason games they've ever hosted.
So the pressure's on Colby Lewis to reverse the trend and even up this series. The Yankees have precious little experience against the right-hander, who avoided New York altogether this season. In fact, only three members of New York's roster have ever faced Lewis: Lance Berkman (0-for-7), Jorge Posada (0-for-6) and Derek Jeter (3-for-5, two homers).
Really, though, the pressure's on the Texas bullpen to bounce back after last night's disaster. Ron Washington never could get the ball in the hands of closer Neftali Feliz, instead watching as four setup men and lefty specialists coughed up the lead. If the Rangers manage to carry another lead into the latter innings today, what kind of confidence will Washington have in that group?
SS Derek Jeter
CF Curtis Granderson
1B Mark Teixeira
3B Alex Rodriguez
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast