Oct 16, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Citizens Bank Park hosts the pitching matchup of the year tonight.
Here we go: It's the pitching showdown you've been waiting all week to watch. Roy Halladay vs. Tim Lincecum. Mr. No-Hitter vs. Mr. 14 Strikeouts. Vegas has set the over-under on this game at 6. I'm not a betting man, but if I had a spare $50 to put down tonight, I think I'd take the under.
You know both pitchers are going to bring it, so this game really will be about which lineup takes advantage of whatever opportunities they do get. Will either Charlie Manuel or Bruce Bochy play for one run early, or will they just hope one of their big boppers gets a hold of one and sends it beyond the cozy confines of the Citizens Bank Park outfield wall?
However this one turns out, it promises to be a dandy. (And hopefully it'll be played much quicker than these first two AL marathons. Man, do I prefer the NL.)…
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:57 p.m.
CF Andres Torres
2B Freddy Sanchez
1B Aubrey Huff
C Buster Posey
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Diamondbacks at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Instant analysis: Nationals 8, Diamondbacks 1
- Gonzalez on the Nats' rotation: 'I want to catch up' (VIDEO)
- Nats' McLouth to have shoulder surgery, out for season
- LaRoche, Desmond and Fister take on the ice bucket (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Nationals go for eighth straight win against Arizona
- State of the Nationals' bullpen: Exhausted
- Around the NL East: Are the Marlins legit contenders?
- LaRoche finally gets to savor first walk-off homer
- Nats beat Diamondbacks in third straight walk-off win
- Nationals keep streak alive vs. D-backs