Oct 19, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
Photo courtesy New York Yankees
New York needs a win tonight at Yankee Stadium to avoid falling in a 3-1 series hole.
The Yankees and their fans have been dreading a possible A.J. Burnett postseason start for quite a while now. Well, it's happening tonight, and there's no turning back now. This series very likely rests on Burnett's right shoulder. Sure, even if they lose tonight, the Yankees would only be down 3-1 in the series. But that would require three straight wins, including in Game 7 against Cliff Lee. Not the scenario they want to create for themselves.
With Burnett on the mound, Jorge Posada is on the bench. Francisco Cervelli is Burnett's personal catcher, so the backup will be behind the plate for the first time this postseason. Also not an ideal situation for New York.
How will this all play out? Stay tuned…
SS Elvis Andrus
3B Michael Young
CF Josh Hamilton
DH Vladimir Guerrero
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- More observations from Sunday's 3-2 win
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals