Oct 19, 2010, 1:52 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Ryan Zimmerman has always had a flair for the dramatic. Could he do it in October?
It seems safe to say that the 2010 postseason will be remembered as the Postseason of Cliff Lee. Unless it's the Postseason of Roy Halladay. Or the Postseason of Tim Lincecum.
October creates baseball heroes, players who rise to the occasion and shine under the brightest spotlight, immortalizing themselves in the game's lore. Sometimes, these heroes are already-great players who become even greater legends with their postseason performances (Bob Gibson, Reggie Jackson, Curt Schilling). Sometimes, they're little-known role players who thrust themselves into the baseball pantheon with one epic feat (Bill Mazeroski, Bobby Thomson, Bucky Dent, Aaron Boone).
So here's the question of the day: If and when the Nationals ever reach the postseason, who is most likely to become D.C.'s postseason baseball hero?
Is it Ryan Zimmerman, who in his five big-league seasons certainly has shown a flair for the dramatic? Could Mr. Walk-Off pull another one off in late-October?
Is it Stephen Strasburg, who has all the qualities you want from a postseason ace … provided he comes back 100 percent from TommyRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing