Oct 20, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Photo courtesy New York Yankees
The Rangers have three shots to clinch the pennant, beginning today at Yankee Stadium.
The Texas Rangers could be celebrating their first-ever American League pennant by sundown. Stop and let that one soak in for a few minutes.
Up 3-1 over the Yankees in the ALCS, the Rangers need only to win one of the next three games to advance to the World Series. But they're not thinking in those terms. They want to finish this thing off today at Yankee Stadium. In order to do that, they'll need to topple CC Sabathia.
One advantage for Texas: Mark Teixeira has officially been removed from New York's roster after pulling his right hamstring last night. Teixeira is now ineligible to return, even if the Yankees wind up in the World Series. Infielder Eduardo Nunez has replaced him on the roster. Robinson Cano has replaced him in the 3-hole, with Lance Berkman starting at first base today…
SS Elvis Andrus
3B Michael Young
CF Josh Hamilton
DH Vladimir Guerrero
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper breaks out patriotic bat for the Fourth -- and it works
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Strasburg on mound for July 4th special
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss