Oct 21, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Giants can win the pennant tonight at AT&T Park.
Since their Game 1 showdown, everyone has been looking forward to the rematch between Roy Halladay and Tim Lincecum. But who out there imagined this Game 5 showdown between aces would have the NL pennant on the line … not for the Phillies, but for the Giants?
Yep, the Giants can advance to the World Series tonight if Lincecum can outduel Halladay once again. Neither pitcher was at the absolute top of his game the first time around. Something tells me both guys will be amped up for this one, with Lincecum wanting to close the series out on San Francisco's home turf and Halladay not wanting to be the guy responsible for ending Philadelphia's season.
Should be another good one. Unfortunately, I'm barely going to be able to watch it. The wife and I are heading to Chicago for a long weekend of deep dish pizza and Northwestern football, and we'll be in the skies during the majority of this game. I trust you'll all keep me up to date so when we land at O'Hare and I turn on the BlackBerry, I'll instantly know what happened.
I'll try to keep putting up threads for any remaining LCS games over the weekend, but otherwise you probably won't be seeing too much new material on the site. Enjoy the games and wish my Wildcats luck against 7-0 Michigan State (they're gonna need it)…
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 7:57 p.m.
CF Shane Victorino
3B Placido Polanco
2B Chase Utley
1B Ryan Howard
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'
- Marlins pitcher part of sports betting investigation
- Scherzer on mound as Nats face Cards
- Rendon unlikely for Opening Day after 2nd MRI
- Taking a crack at the Nats' Opening Day roster
- 3-time All-Star retires day after getting cut by Nats
- Braves, Marlins miss out on Cuban star Hector Olivera