Oct 22, 2010, 11:00 PM EST
Photo courtesy Texas Rangers
Will the Rangers clinch tonight or will the Yankees force Game 7 in Arlington?
The Rangers couldn't close out the ALCS two nights ago in the Bronx, so now they get a chance to clinch their first pennant on home turf. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington should be rocking tonight for Game 6 with everyone there hoping to see the home team wrap things up now and not take its chances tomorrow in Game 7. Not that Texas wouldn't still be in good shape with Cliff Lee going, but you just never know what might happen in Game 7, so best not to let it get to that.
The Yankees, of course, will have a say in how this turns out. Coming off far and away their best performance of the series Wednesday in Game 5, they're feeling much better about themselves and their chances. The lineup still is lacking without Mark Teixeira, though if ever there was a capable fill-in for the 3-hole, Robinson Cano is it. Just a fantastic player who probably would hit third in any other club's lineup.
This is a pitching rematch of Game 2, in which Colby Lewis (two runs in 5 2/3 innings) beat Phil Hughes (seven runs in 4-plus innings). It'll be interesting to see if either manager has a short hook tonight, not wanting to let anything get out of hand, and is willing to turn things over to his bullpen early.
I'm out of town this weekend, but I'm hoping to catch at least part of the game. Probably won't be posting updates here, though, until late. As always, though, please keep the conversation going with each other and I may chime in at some point…
SS Derek Jeter
CF Curtis Granderson
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B