Oct 22, 2010, 11:00 PM EST
Photo courtesy Texas Rangers
Will the Rangers clinch tonight or will the Yankees force Game 7 in Arlington?
The Rangers couldn't close out the ALCS two nights ago in the Bronx, so now they get a chance to clinch their first pennant on home turf. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington should be rocking tonight for Game 6 with everyone there hoping to see the home team wrap things up now and not take its chances tomorrow in Game 7. Not that Texas wouldn't still be in good shape with Cliff Lee going, but you just never know what might happen in Game 7, so best not to let it get to that.
The Yankees, of course, will have a say in how this turns out. Coming off far and away their best performance of the series Wednesday in Game 5, they're feeling much better about themselves and their chances. The lineup still is lacking without Mark Teixeira, though if ever there was a capable fill-in for the 3-hole, Robinson Cano is it. Just a fantastic player who probably would hit third in any other club's lineup.
This is a pitching rematch of Game 2, in which Colby Lewis (two runs in 5 2/3 innings) beat Phil Hughes (seven runs in 4-plus innings). It'll be interesting to see if either manager has a short hook tonight, not wanting to let anything get out of hand, and is willing to turn things over to his bullpen early.
I'm out of town this weekend, but I'm hoping to catch at least part of the game. Probably won't be posting updates here, though, until late. As always, though, please keep the conversation going with each other and I may chime in at some point…
SS Derek Jeter
CF Curtis Granderson
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals