Oct 22, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Texas Rangers
Will the Rangers clinch tonight or will the Yankees force Game 7 in Arlington?
The Rangers couldn't close out the ALCS two nights ago in the Bronx, so now they get a chance to clinch their first pennant on home turf. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington should be rocking tonight for Game 6 with everyone there hoping to see the home team wrap things up now and not take its chances tomorrow in Game 7. Not that Texas wouldn't still be in good shape with Cliff Lee going, but you just never know what might happen in Game 7, so best not to let it get to that.
The Yankees, of course, will have a say in how this turns out. Coming off far and away their best performance of the series Wednesday in Game 5, they're feeling much better about themselves and their chances. The lineup still is lacking without Mark Teixeira, though if ever there was a capable fill-in for the 3-hole, Robinson Cano is it. Just a fantastic player who probably would hit third in any other club's lineup.
This is a pitching rematch of Game 2, in which Colby Lewis (two runs in 5 2/3 innings) beat Phil Hughes (seven runs in 4-plus innings). It'll be interesting to see if either manager has a short hook tonight, not wanting to let anything get out of hand, and is willing to turn things over to his bullpen early.
I'm out of town this weekend, but I'm hoping to catch at least part of the game. Probably won't be posting updates here, though, until late. As always, though, please keep the conversation going with each other and I may chime in at some point…
SS Derek Jeter
CF Curtis Granderson
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?