Oct 27, 2010, 2:51 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
For the Giants to beat the Rangers, Tim Lincecum will have to get the better of Cliff Lee.
This may not be the Fall Classic everyone envisioned on April 1 — or even on October 1 — but it's the Fall Classic we've got. And it's the right Fall Classic, because these two teams clearly played the best baseball this month and earned their shot at a World Series title.
The Giants have got deep starting pitching and a deep roster of contributors. The Rangers have the best pitcher on the planet right now, one of the best all-around players and plenty of support. Each team has the likely rookie of the year in its respective league. Each club is trying to win its first championship in its current city. What more could you want?
Before the 106th Fall Classic commences this evening, let's break down the matchup and pick a winner…
(Cliff Lee vs. Tim Lincecum)
(C.J. Wilson vs. Matt Cain)
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions