Oct 28, 2010, 2:36 PM EDT
A couple of Thursday morning thoughts while you try to comprehend how a World Series game started by Cliff Lee and Tim Lincecum wound up featuring 18 combined runs and 12 combined pitchers…
Bryce Harper's performance in his third Arizona Fall League game didn't quite match those from his first two. The 18-year-old right fielder went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts yesterday in the Scottsdale Scorpions' 7-6 loss to the Mesa Solar Sox.
Not that an 0-for-4 showing is worth getting all worked up. I believe Adam Dunn's had a few of those in his career, and I also believe a majority of you out there still want the Nationals to re-sign the big slugger.
Actually, the three most notable things about yesterday's AFL game as far as I'm concerned were the following…
1) Harper threw out a runner at the plate.
2) Mike Rizzo was in attendance at HoHoKam Park to watch Harper and other Nats prospects in person.
3) Harper doesn't wear batting gloves.
I'm surprised that second point hasn't been noted by anyone before. Apparently, he's been doing it for a while — though he did use gloves at the instructional league in Viera because it was so humid there — Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain