Oct 30, 2010, 10:30 PM EDT
Photo courtesy Texas Rangers
The World Series comes to Arlington, Texas, for the first time tonight.
For the first time this postseason, the Rangers really have their backs against the wall. Down 2-0 to the Giants, they desperately need a victory tonight to keep hope alive in this World Series. Fortunately, this matchup appears to favor Texas. Colby Lewis has been an unsung hero over the last few weeks, having beaten the Yankees twice in the ALCS. San Francisco's Jonathan Sanchez, meanwhile, was terrible in his last NLCS start, getting knocked out early.
The Rangers also will have their full lineup for the first time in this Fall Classic, with Vladimir Guerrero able to serve as DH with both Nelson Cruz and Jeff Francoeur in the outfield. Bruce Bochy is going with Pablo Sandoval as his DH for this game.
This being the first World Series game ever played in Arlington, the Rangers are pulling out all the stops. Team president and Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch (hopefully they'll have a radar gun reading of him this time). Catching the Ryan Express will be his old batterymate: The Nationals' own Ivan Rodriguez. Should make for a cool moment.
I'll be watching the game, but I'm not at home at the moment, so I probably won't be sharing thoughts at least during the early innings. Please don't let that stop you from commenting yourself…
Where: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
CF Andres Torres
2B Freddy Sanchez
1B Aubrey Huff
C Buster Posey
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game