Nov 1, 2010, 5:44 PM EST
Pat Listach, the Nationals' third base coach the last two seasons, is leaving the organization to become bench coach of the Cubs.
An official announcement won't be made until after the conclusion of the World Series, but a source with knowledge of the decision confirmed Listach's departure.
Listach has close ties both to the Cubs organization (he served as a manager in their minor-league system from 2006-08) and to new Chicago manager Mike Quade (who preceded him as skipper at Class AAA Iowa). The 43-year-old former AL Rookie of the Year now will function as Quade's right-hand man in the dugout at Wrigley Field.
Listach has aspirations of becoming a major-league manager and interviewed for the Brewers' vacant position last month. He's currently managing a Puerto Rican winter league team that features a roster including Nats prospects Danny Espinosa and Chris Marrero.
The Nationals will begin searching for what will be their fifth third base coach in seven years. Listach followed Dave Huppert (2005),Read more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton