Nov 10, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
After something of a lull the last few weeks, NatsTown springs back to life today. Plenty going on over the next 36 hours, including…
– The NL Gold Glove awards will be announced at 3:30 p.m., with Ryan Zimmerman trying to hold off Chase Headley and Placido Polanco and retain his title for a second year.
– The Nats are unveiling their new uniforms at 6:45 p.m. in an invitation-only "fashion show" at Nationals Park. Scheduled runway models include Zimmerman, Tyler Clippard, Ian Desmond, John Lannan and Drew Storen. (It's really a shame, by the way, that Miss Iowa Miguel Batista isn't taking advantage of this golden opportunity to prove once and for all he can walk in high heels.)
– The Silver Slugger awards, meanwhile, will be unveiled tomorrow at 6 p.m. in a live broadcast on MLB Network. Zimmerman is trying to retail his crown in that department as well.
I'll have coverage of all of those events, including photos from tonight's uniform unveiling, so please check back later on for that.
In the meantime, Baseball America has put together a comprehensive list of the 533 players who became six-year, minor-league free agents this week. It's worth perusing the full list just to get a sense of who'sRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip
- Cabrera out of lineup, but not seriously injured