Nov 11, 2010, 12:12 AM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Desmond, Clippard, Storen, Zimmermann, Lannan and Zimmerman in the new jerseys.
Updated at 8:21 p.m.
The Nationals debuted their new look tonight, showing off four jerseys for the 2011 season that feature plenty of familiar styles but one big surprise: The word "Nationals" doesn't appear prominently anywhere.
The new home white jersey, which used to include a block "Nationals" across the front, now boasts a red curly W logo on the left breast, with red block numbers on the lower right and red and blue piping down the plackets around the buttons.
All gold has also been removed from the uniforms, leaving the colors simply as red, white and blue.
The road gray uniform is virtually unchanged, aside from a new logo on the left sleeve featuring the curly W inside a circle with the words "Washington Nationals" around it. That's the club's new primary logo, replacing the block "Nationals" atop a baseball that had served as theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort