Nov 11, 2010, 12:12 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Desmond, Clippard, Storen, Zimmermann, Lannan and Zimmerman in the new jerseys.
Updated at 8:21 p.m.
The Nationals debuted their new look tonight, showing off four jerseys for the 2011 season that feature plenty of familiar styles but one big surprise: The word "Nationals" doesn't appear prominently anywhere.
The new home white jersey, which used to include a block "Nationals" across the front, now boasts a red curly W logo on the left breast, with red block numbers on the lower right and red and blue piping down the plackets around the buttons.
All gold has also been removed from the uniforms, leaving the colors simply as red, white and blue.
The road gray uniform is virtually unchanged, aside from a new logo on the left sleeve featuring the curly W inside a circle with the words "Washington Nationals" around it. That's the club's new primary logo, replacing the block "Nationals" atop a baseball that had served as theRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions