Nov 15, 2010, 3:25 PM EDT
Time for another update on Nationals currently playing fall or winter ball across the western hemisphere. MLB.com has a nice function that allows you to check the stats for every player from one organization on one page. You might want to bookmark this page, which has updates on 28 players from all levels of the Nats' organization.
Let's start, of course, with Bryce Harper, who continues to make the most of his limited opportunities in the Arizona Fall League. The 18-year-old outfielder has played in eight games for the Scottsdale Scorpions and is hitting .323 (10-for-31) with two doubles, two triples, a homer, six RBI, four walks and 10 strikeouts. That equates to a .400 on-base percentage a .613 slugging percentage and a robust 1.013 OPS.
It's tough to make any real significant judgments off the stats from eight games, but clearly Harper has shown he can handle the level of competition. He's been a little overanxious at the plate, leading to that hefty strikeout rate. But he's flashed his immense power and by all accounts has looked solid in right field, especially in the throwing department.
Harper probably has only two more games to play in Arizona. This is the final week of the AFL season, so he'll play Wednesday. And barring an epic collapse, Scottsdale will be playing in the AFL championship on Saturday (2:30 p.m. EST on MLB Network). I'm notRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups