Nov 20, 2010, 1:29 AM EST
The Nationals have added Chris Marrero, Adam Carr and Cole Kimball to their 40-man roster, protecting all three players from being plucked away in next month’s Rule 5 draft. They have also lost pitcher Juan Jaime to the Diamondbacks on a waiver claim.
No other players were removed from the 40-man roster, which now has no open slots. If the Nats acquire any new players this offseason, they’ll need to clear 40-man space for the additions.
Among the players who are now unprotected from the Rule 5 draft are pitchers
Brad Peacock and Brad Meyers. (UPDATE: I mistakenly had Peacock as one of the eligible Rule 5 players. Turns out he won’t be eligible until next year because although he was drafted in 2006, he didn’t actually sign until 2007.)
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news
- Hard not to like Fister trade for Nationals
- Nats re-sign Ohlendorf, tender contracts to 8 others
- Nats acquire Fister in 4-player trade with Tigers
- Pirates acquire catcher Chris Stewart from Yankees