Nov 20, 2010, 1:29 AM EDT
The Nationals have added Chris Marrero, Adam Carr and Cole Kimball to their 40-man roster, protecting all three players from being plucked away in next month’s Rule 5 draft. They have also lost pitcher Juan Jaime to the Diamondbacks on a waiver claim.
No other players were removed from the 40-man roster, which now has no open slots. If the Nats acquire any new players this offseason, they’ll need to clear 40-man space for the additions.
Among the players who are now unprotected from the Rule 5 draft are pitchers
Brad Peacock and Brad Meyers. (UPDATE: I mistakenly had Peacock as one of the eligible Rule 5 players. Turns out he won’t be eligible until next year because although he was drafted in 2006, he didn’t actually sign until 2007.)
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos