Nov 20, 2010, 1:29 AM EDT
The Nationals have added Chris Marrero, Adam Carr and Cole Kimball to their 40-man roster, protecting all three players from being plucked away in next month’s Rule 5 draft. They have also lost pitcher Juan Jaime to the Diamondbacks on a waiver claim.
No other players were removed from the 40-man roster, which now has no open slots. If the Nats acquire any new players this offseason, they’ll need to clear 40-man space for the additions.
Among the players who are now unprotected from the Rule 5 draft are pitchers
Brad Peacock and Brad Meyers. (UPDATE: I mistakenly had Peacock as one of the eligible Rule 5 players. Turns out he won’t be eligible until next year because although he was drafted in 2006, he didn’t actually sign until 2007.)
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Nats fume at Simmons for injuring Escobar
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers