Dec 4, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
I don't want to harp on the Adam Dunn story forever, and we'll certainly start moving on to other topics soon — the Winter Meetings begin Monday, after all — but I did want to touch on one more aspect of this whole thing while it's still fresh on everyone's minds.
A lot of people have been wondering the last two days why the Nationals didn't simply trade Dunn in July instead of letting him walk as a free agent now and getting the two draft picks as compensation. Many fans are suggesting Mike Rizzo blew it by not dealing Dunn to the White Sox at the trade deadline in exchange for promising young pitcher Daniel Hudson.
Well, that's probably not a fair criticism, because as best as I can tell, the White Sox never offered a Hudson-for-Dunn trade.
I happened to have MLB Network on yesterday afternoon during their marathon showing of "The Club," a show about the White Sox's front office and clubhouse. I hadn't previously seen much of the show during the season, and perhaps some of you did, but I was most interested in the episode that centered around the July 31 trade deadline. MLB's cameras were right there in the conference room withRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon