Dec 8, 2010, 7:22 PM EDT
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — There's really nothing quite like big media scrum around Scott Boras. Reporters fire off questions about more than a dozen players who are represented by Boras, who doesn't even have to pause and think before he responds with a detailed (and usually glowing) analysis of the market for said player.
And since the Nationals have so many ties to Boras now — Jayson Werth, Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, Ivan Rodriguez, Jesus Flores, Danny Espinosa and Alberto Gonzalez — are all represented by him, as a reporter you have no choice but to wedge yourself into the scrum when Boras speaks at the Winter Meetings and glean whatever nuggets you can get out of him.
So, here's what the super agent had to say about some Nats-related matters just a few minutes ago…
On Stephen Strasburg: "His spirits are high. Coming through the surgery and understanding that he's A-OK and listening to the doctors comment, I think it's turned out where he's on the path of a very solid understanding of his future and where he can go."
On Strasburg's mechanics and whether he'll need to change them post-surgery: "I think we're going to leave the mechanics to the Washington Nationals. There's a lot of things that are said. But we've been through the Tommy John situation with a whole host of pitchersRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'