Dec 8, 2010, 12:57 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Several clubs have expressed interest in Roger Bernadina, but the Nats still like the outfielder.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — We interrupt today's never-ending string of Cliff Lee rumors to discuss other actual moves being discussed by the Nationals at the Winter Meetings…
– Lee is by no means the only pitcher they've been pursuing here. Mike Rizzo acknowledged he's spoken "a couple times" with Tom O'Connell, the agent for Carl Pavano. Pavano remains a potential target of the Nats, though there are plenty of teams in the running for him and I get the sense Rizzo is nowhere close to as willing to put together a long-term offer for the soon-to-be 35-year-old as he is for Lee.
– The Nationals certainly remain interested in Brandon Webb, the one-time NL Cy Young Award winner who was drafted by Rizzo when the latter was the Diamondbacks' scouting director in 2000, but there's a growing perception around the sport that Webb is nowhere close to being ready to pitch after major shoulder surgery. A source from another club that is looking at Webb said he'd be stunned if theRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal