Dec 10, 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
The Nationals' new minor-league coaching staffs feature some familiar names, some guys promoted from lower levels and some guys who are rejoining the organization after having spent the last few years elsewhere.
Randy Knorr takes over as manager at Class AAA Syracuse, getting a bump up from Class AA Harrisburg, where he spent last season. Tony Beasley, the Nationals' third base coach in 2006 who held that job with the Pirates the last three years, returns to the organization and will manage at Harrisburg.
One-time Nats catcher Matt LeCroy (whose performance behind the plate famously reduced Frank Robinson to tears) has been promoted from the manager at low-Class A Hagerstown to high-Class A Potomac. He's replaced in Hagerstown by former Red Sox first baseman/DH Brian Daubach.
Gary Cathcart, who managed last year at Potomac, will now be at Auburn (the Nats' new short-season Class A affiliate in the New York-Penn League). Bobby Williams returns to the organization asRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- No DL yet, but Span bracing for possibility
- Nats lose as Reds rock Scherzer in rare poor outing
- How Scherzer decision could make another National an All-Star
- Span gets MRI; plus updates on Escobar and Zim
- Scherzer, Cueto face off as Nats take on Reds
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds