Dec 10, 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
The Nationals' new minor-league coaching staffs feature some familiar names, some guys promoted from lower levels and some guys who are rejoining the organization after having spent the last few years elsewhere.
Randy Knorr takes over as manager at Class AAA Syracuse, getting a bump up from Class AA Harrisburg, where he spent last season. Tony Beasley, the Nationals' third base coach in 2006 who held that job with the Pirates the last three years, returns to the organization and will manage at Harrisburg.
One-time Nats catcher Matt LeCroy (whose performance behind the plate famously reduced Frank Robinson to tears) has been promoted from the manager at low-Class A Hagerstown to high-Class A Potomac. He's replaced in Hagerstown by former Red Sox first baseman/DH Brian Daubach.
Gary Cathcart, who managed last year at Potomac, will now be at Auburn (the Nats' new short-season Class A affiliate in the New York-Penn League). Bobby Williams returns to the organization asRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Nats at Phillies, 7:15 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Phillies, 1:35 p.m.
MON: All-Star break
TUE: All-Star Game at Minneapolis, 8 p.m.
WED: All-Star break
THU: All-Star break
FRI: Brewers at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats have zero All-Stars after Zimmermann replaced
- Harper homers but still battling out of slump
- Nats lose Zimmermann, fall to Phillies 6-2
- Zimmermann hopeful biceps cramp isn't serious
- Ian Desmond out but expects to return Saturday
- The Baseball Show: Analyzing the Nationals' first half
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - CSNbaltimore's Rich Dubroff
- X-rays negative on Desmond's hand after shortstop left game
- Nats, Orioles see promise in Beltway Series ahead of Aug. 4 rematch
- Instant Analysis: Orioles 4, Nats 3