Dec 15, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
The Jayson Werth signing was completed 10 days ago, but at long last this afternoon, we’ll finally get to see the Nationals’ new $126 million right fielder in a curly W cap and jersey.
Werth will formally be introduced during a 1 p.m. press conference at Nationals Park. If you’re near a television, you can watch the proceedings live on Comcast SportsNet. If you’re stuck at work, never fear: CSNwashington.com will be streaming the event live online.
If you didn’t know already, Werth will be wearing the same uniform No. 28 he wore in Philadelphia. The man who used to wear that number, Michael Morse, is switching to No. 38.
Also, if you didn’t know, Werth’s trademark beard is no more. He was spotted at the Wizards/Lakers game last night with a clean-shaven face, aside from a small soul patch. Clearly, this guy isn’t happy about this unfortunate development.
I’ll be at today’s press conference, of course, and will provide details (and hopefully photos) later, so please check back for that.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Errors cost Nationals in ugly loss to Cardinals
- The Baseball Show: How can Strasburg turn it around?
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals