Dec 15, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
The Jayson Werth signing was completed 10 days ago, but at long last this afternoon, we’ll finally get to see the Nationals’ new $126 million right fielder in a curly W cap and jersey.
Werth will formally be introduced during a 1 p.m. press conference at Nationals Park. If you’re near a television, you can watch the proceedings live on Comcast SportsNet. If you’re stuck at work, never fear: CSNwashington.com will be streaming the event live online.
If you didn’t know already, Werth will be wearing the same uniform No. 28 he wore in Philadelphia. The man who used to wear that number, Michael Morse, is switching to No. 38.
Also, if you didn’t know, Werth’s trademark beard is no more. He was spotted at the Wizards/Lakers game last night with a clean-shaven face, aside from a small soul patch. Clearly, this guy isn’t happy about this unfortunate development.
I’ll be at today’s press conference, of course, and will provide details (and hopefully photos) later, so please check back for that.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss