Dec 15, 2010, 2:38 PM EST
The Jayson Werth signing was completed 10 days ago, but at long last this afternoon, we’ll finally get to see the Nationals’ new $126 million right fielder in a curly W cap and jersey.
Werth will formally be introduced during a 1 p.m. press conference at Nationals Park. If you’re near a television, you can watch the proceedings live on Comcast SportsNet. If you’re stuck at work, never fear: CSNwashington.com will be streaming the event live online.
If you didn’t know already, Werth will be wearing the same uniform No. 28 he wore in Philadelphia. The man who used to wear that number, Michael Morse, is switching to No. 38.
Also, if you didn’t know, Werth’s trademark beard is no more. He was spotted at the Wizards/Lakers game last night with a clean-shaven face, aside from a small soul patch. Clearly, this guy isn’t happy about this unfortunate development.
I’ll be at today’s press conference, of course, and will provide details (and hopefully photos) later, so please check back for that.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman