Dec 17, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Nationals have signed veteran right-hander Chad Gaudin to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Gaudin, who will be 28 on Opening Day, has pitched for six major-league clubs in eight years, most recently the Yankees. He went 1-2 with a 4.50 ERA in 30 relief appearances for New York this season; he did not pitch in the postseason.
He has experience out of the rotation as well, starting 75 big-league games in his career, including 34 in 2007 with the Athletics (when he won 11 games).
For his entire career, Gaudin owns a 35-39 record and 4.61 ERA with the Devil Rays, Blue Jays, A’s, Cubs, Padres and Yankees.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang