Dec 18, 2010, 3:39 PM EDT
Good Saturday morning to you, NatsTown. Hope everyone is staying warm and dreaming wonderful thoughts of pitchers and catchers reporting to sunny Viera in less than two months' time.
Couple of quick-hit items to pass along as you enjoy your coffee and morning paper. (Does anyone out there still read the paper? Please assure me someone does. I may not be in the newspaper business anymore, but I still believe in the importance of the printed daily word.)
Anyways, here's what's going on…
Wang contract incentives
Details of Chien-Ming Wang's contract have emerged. According to the Taipai Times, Wang's $1 million base salary can be bolstered in a number of ways with various incentives that could bring the total value of the deal up to $5 million.
If Wang is on the Nationals' 25-man roster more than 30 days in 2011, he'll receive $250,000. If he's on the roster more than 60 days, he'll receive another $250,000. And if he's on the roster more than 90 days, he'll receive yet another $250,000 bonus.
Also, Wang will earn $100,000 upon making his 10th start of the season, with another $100,000 due for each subsequent start through No. 19. He would receive $150,000 apiece for his 20th and 21st starts, and $200,000 for his 22nd start. If he can make it to start No. 23, he'll earn another $300,000 bonus, with $300,000 more offered upRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded