Jan 10, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Anyone who follows baseball closely — as you all do — knows there’s really no such thing as the offseason anymore. Teams make news nearly 365 days a year, and the Nationals have certainly kept busy since last setting foot on a major-league diamond.
So there’s really no perfect time for beat writers to take vacation, much as we try to schedule our time off during what we project will be uneventful stretches. The Nats will probably make some kind of news this week; Adam LaRoche is scheduled to be in town for his introductory press conference at some point, and there are other matters that will crop up.
But even we beat writers are human (believe it or not) and need to take a little time off now and again to refresh our batteries. So you won’t be hearing from me the rest of the week as I attempt to get away from baseball for a few days.
That doesn’t, however, mean you guys should stop following your favorite ballclub, especially if news occurs during my absence. I’m setting up the blog to publish a new post each morning that will allow you to continue the ongoing conversation with each other. I trust you can police yourself and not let the place completely fall apart. Right? Right?
I’ll be back next Monday to catch up on the events of the week and provide details about the coverage plan for the 2011 season.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?