Jan 24, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Upon launching Nats Insider some 357 days ago, I had no expectation whatsoever for this site. My intention at the time was simple: Find an outlet in which I could continue covering the Washington Nationals, hopefully reaching some small segment of the fan base.
Along the way, this place became something far greater than I ever imagined it could, building a dedicated following of readers from all over the world. (At last check, this site has been accessed from 151 different countries. Still waiting for that first click from Paraguay.)
There was, however, another objective to this whole exercise: To gain full-time employment. As successful as the site has been, its profit-making capabilities remain modest. It also can't offer a health care plan or a 401K.
So I'm happy to report today that I've been hired full-time by CSNwashington.com as Nationals beat writer, effective immediately. Most of you know I had been writing articles for CSN on a freelance basis for the last year. I'll be writing even more regularly now.
I'm also happy to report that as part of the arrangement, Comcast SportsNet has purchased Nats Insider. They'll assume ownership of the site, but I'll continue to publish it as a complementary blog alongsideRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?