Jan 26, 2011, 3:21 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nationals Park has experienced its share of weather delays the last three years.
It's shaping up to be one of those classic Washington weather days in which the mere threat of frozen precipitation causes mass panic. I fully expect grocery stores to be out of bottled water, dog food and toilet paper by lunchtime.
But since it appears we will be getting a legit snowstorm later today, this seems like an appropriate time to talk about weather and the effect it has had on the Nationals over the years.
Both RFK Stadium and Nationals Park have been host to plenty of weather delays in the last six years. If I were to add up all the time I've spent in the press box looking down upon a tarp-covered infield … well, it would only depress me and you. Such is life in the baseball world, the only sport in America that regularly halts its game for bad weather.
The Nationals also seem to have a knack for making people wait through some incredibly long delays before beginning games well intoRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?