Feb 2, 2011, 4:07 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Bryce Harper might be the most-watched player in Nationals camp this spring.
The home clubhouse at Space Coast Stadium this spring will house a 31-year-old right fielder who owns the 14th-largest contract in baseball history. It will house a two-time Silver Slugger who is arguably the best third baseman in the game. It will house perhaps the greatest catcher of all-time, inching ever closer to 3,000 career hits. And it will house a phenom right-hander whose every move last season became national news.
Yet the player who likely will draw more attention than any of them, or anyone else in a Nationals uniform, will be an 18-year-old with no chance of making the Opening Day roster or even reaching the major leagues in 2011.
Bryce Harper is about to become the center of attention at spring training, a teenager appearing in big-league camp despite having yet to play a regular-season game in the minor leagues.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game