Feb 7, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Football season is over, which can only mean one thing: Pitchers and catchers report next week. Are there any sweeter words in the English language? I think not.
As we speak, various ballplayers are trickling in to various spring training sites in Florida and Arizona, the early arrivals trying to get a leg up on the competition. This afternoon, members of the Nationals clubhouse staff will be loading up moving trucks full of equipment and embarking on the 900-mile trek down Interstate 95 to Viera, where in a mere eight days pitchers and catchers officially report.
There figure to be no shortage of storylines at this Nats camp, from Bryce Harper's pro debut to Stephen Strasburg's rehab to Jayson Werth's first spring wearing the curly W to Jim Riggleman's second spring in charge to a number of battles for roster spots.
Those, of course, are the obvious storylines. There will be plenty of others to emerge from this particular spring, and I'm curious whichRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'
- Both ALDS shift to Texas for Game 3s
- Both NL Division Series continue with Saturday doubleheader
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?