Feb 7, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
Football season is over, which can only mean one thing: Pitchers and catchers report next week. Are there any sweeter words in the English language? I think not.
As we speak, various ballplayers are trickling in to various spring training sites in Florida and Arizona, the early arrivals trying to get a leg up on the competition. This afternoon, members of the Nationals clubhouse staff will be loading up moving trucks full of equipment and embarking on the 900-mile trek down Interstate 95 to Viera, where in a mere eight days pitchers and catchers officially report.
There figure to be no shortage of storylines at this Nats camp, from Bryce Harper's pro debut to Stephen Strasburg's rehab to Jayson Werth's first spring wearing the curly W to Jim Riggleman's second spring in charge to a number of battles for roster spots.
Those, of course, are the obvious storylines. There will be plenty of others to emerge from this particular spring, and I'm curious whichRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park