Feb 14, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
Well, it's that time once again. Across Florida and Arizona, infields are being carefully raked, BP jerseys are being hung inside clubhouses and pitchers and catchers from every organization are reporting for spring training.
Guess what, everyone: It's baseball season. And if that doesn't bring a smile to your face, I don't know what will.
In Viera, the Nationals officially report tomorrow, though plenty of players have been trickling in for several days trying to get a jump on the proceedings. As for your humble beat writer, I'll be reporting later today (flying down to Orlando this afternoon, then making the short drive to Viera) and will be on-site at Space Coast Stadium first thing tomorrow morning.
Unlike last year, my trek should be simple. No dealing with traffic on Interstate 95. No fine dining at the Shoney's in Manning, S.C. Now that I'm working full-time for CSNwashington.com, I get to fly (coach, notRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem