Feb 16, 2011, 6:11 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roger Bernadina worked hard this offseason, and it shows.
VIERA, Fla. — Guys report to spring training all the time and declare themselves to be in "the best shape of my life." Most of the time, we shrug it off.
Roger Bernadina didn't utter the phrase himself today when he walked into the clubhouse at Space Coast Stadium, but he didn't need to. His physique spoke for itself.
Check out the above photo and see for yourself: Bernadina is ripped. He also had the body of a top professional athlete. Now he looks like he could compete in the Ironman Triathalon. And possibly win the thing.
The 26-year-old outfielder spent most of the offseason in his native Holland, working with the same trainer he's had for several years. The two devised a reconfigured plan, though, this winter that includedRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals
- Rizzo discusses Fister trade and more Nats news
- Hard not to like Fister trade for Nationals
- Nats re-sign Ohlendorf, tender contracts to 8 others
- Nats acquire Fister in 4-player trade with Tigers
- Pirates acquire catcher Chris Stewart from Yankees