Feb 16, 2011, 6:11 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roger Bernadina worked hard this offseason, and it shows.
VIERA, Fla. — Guys report to spring training all the time and declare themselves to be in "the best shape of my life." Most of the time, we shrug it off.
Roger Bernadina didn't utter the phrase himself today when he walked into the clubhouse at Space Coast Stadium, but he didn't need to. His physique spoke for itself.
Check out the above photo and see for yourself: Bernadina is ripped. He also had the body of a top professional athlete. Now he looks like he could compete in the Ironman Triathalon. And possibly win the thing.
The 26-year-old outfielder spent most of the offseason in his native Holland, working with the same trainer he's had for several years. The two devised a reconfigured plan, though, this winter that includedRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring