Feb 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — It's another beautiful day in paradise, not a cloud in the sky, a light breeze blowing and the temperature expected to approach 80 degrees. Tough gig, I know.
Pitchers and catchers are making their way down to the minor-league complex for this morning's workout, but before I join them over there, a couple of Saturday morning updates for you…
— Cla Meredith, who had to cut his first bullpen session short yesterday due to elbow discomfort, was seen by doctors and received (I believe) an MRI. The results of that test aren't known yet.
Manager Jim Riggleman confirmed Meredith had arthroscopic surgery during the offseason to remove bone chips in his elbow, a procedure similar to the one Jason Marquis had early last season and Craig Stammen late in 2009.
"Hopefully, this discomfort yesterday was maybe some scar tissue tearing or something," Riggleman said. "We'll know more maybe later today."
— Henry Rodriguez and Elvin Ramirez, the two right-handers currently stuck in Venezuela waiting for their visa applications to be approved,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall