Feb 21, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — It's the final day of pitcher and catcher workouts, and not a moment too soon. Everyone around here is ready for the full squad to take the field tomorrow morning and really get this camp cranking.
Every position player has been accounted for, no visa issues to report. (Pitchers Henry Rodriguez and Elvin Ramirez, meanwhile, remain in Venezuela waiting for their cases to be resolved.) So we'll get our first look at Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth tomorrow, with both guys (along with all the other position players) taking live BP from members of the Nationals pitching staff.
Full-squad defensive drills will also begin tomorrow, and one thing I'll be interested to see is how various members of the roster shuttle back and forth between multiple positions. The Nationals have no shortage of versatile players in this camp; just about everyone is capable of playing multiple positions, and just about everyone will be counted on to play multiple positions before the season ends.
Jerry Hairston can play second base, shortstop, third base and all three outfield positions, and Jim Riggleman said this morning the veteran utilityman will probably split his time this spring evenly between theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)