Feb 21, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — It's the final day of pitcher and catcher workouts, and not a moment too soon. Everyone around here is ready for the full squad to take the field tomorrow morning and really get this camp cranking.
Every position player has been accounted for, no visa issues to report. (Pitchers Henry Rodriguez and Elvin Ramirez, meanwhile, remain in Venezuela waiting for their cases to be resolved.) So we'll get our first look at Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth tomorrow, with both guys (along with all the other position players) taking live BP from members of the Nationals pitching staff.
Full-squad defensive drills will also begin tomorrow, and one thing I'll be interested to see is how various members of the roster shuttle back and forth between multiple positions. The Nationals have no shortage of versatile players in this camp; just about everyone is capable of playing multiple positions, and just about everyone will be counted on to play multiple positions before the season ends.
Jerry Hairston can play second base, shortstop, third base and all three outfield positions, and Jim Riggleman said this morning the veteran utilityman will probably split his time this spring evenly between theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win
- Gonzalez, Nats win pitchers duel on another walk-off
- Nats' Zimmerman takes significant step in recovery
- Nationals aim for team record 10th straight win vs. D-Backs
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)