Feb 22, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jim Riggleman addressed the full squad before this morning's workout.
VIERA, Fla. — The full squad is in uniform and taking the field at last, but before that happened, Jim Riggleman held a 30-minute meeting with the entire roster and coaching staff, laying the foundation for this camp.
Riggleman had one message in particular he wanted to convey to his revamped club: It's time to take the next step forward.
"There's a tremendous amount of talent in the room here," he said. "With that talent, expectations get raised. So let's meet and exceed those expectations."
That's not the kind of message Riggleman probably felt was appropriate one year ago, when the Nationals were coming off a 59-win season and still had some significant holes around the diamond.
This spring, there's a bit of a different sense in camp. There's more talent across the roster. There's a lot more depth at the major- andRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Taylor ends it in the 10th with a walk-off 3-run HR
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets