Feb 24, 2011, 7:22 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Adam LaRoche takes some grounders from his knees.
VIERA, Fla. — Baseball is taking a bit of a backseat today around here, for a handful of reasons:
1) The Players' Association delegation was in town this morning to hold its annual meeting, which ran nearly two hours and delayed the start of the workout.
2) A production team from MASN is here filming what looks like a pretty elaborate commercial. They've overtaken the main field inside Space Coast Stadium.
3) The real highlight of the day takes place at precisely 4:50 p.m., when Space Shuttle Discovery launches from nearby Cape Canaveral on her final voyage into orbit. A bunch of members of the organization are holding a barbecue and launch viewing party here at the ballpark. (Photos to come later, hopefully.)
As for what took place on the field today during an abbreviated workout, it was mostly geared toward defensive drills and battingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4