Feb 24, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Adam LaRoche takes some grounders from his knees.
VIERA, Fla. — Baseball is taking a bit of a backseat today around here, for a handful of reasons:
1) The Players' Association delegation was in town this morning to hold its annual meeting, which ran nearly two hours and delayed the start of the workout.
2) A production team from MASN is here filming what looks like a pretty elaborate commercial. They've overtaken the main field inside Space Coast Stadium.
3) The real highlight of the day takes place at precisely 4:50 p.m., when Space Shuttle Discovery launches from nearby Cape Canaveral on her final voyage into orbit. A bunch of members of the organization are holding a barbecue and launch viewing party here at the ballpark. (Photos to come later, hopefully.)
As for what took place on the field today during an abbreviated workout, it was mostly geared toward defensive drills and battingRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect