Feb 26, 2011, 12:01 AM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Danny Espinosa and Ian Desmond have become friends on and off the field.
VIERA, Fla. — Ask Ian Desmond which of Danny Espinosa’s qualities he wishes he possessed, and the Nationals’ young shortstop gives a surprising answer.
“He’s got a little more swagger than I’ve got,” Desmond said. “He’s got a little more confidence. I think him going to college and me coming out of high school, there’s a little bit of a difference in that aspect. He’s got a little more swagger, more style, more confidence that I wish I have.”
What do you think, Danny? Do you really have more swagger than Ian?
“I don’t think so,” Espinosa said. “He probably does things a little smoother than me, so I’m looking at that as him having more swagger.”
Suffice it to say, neither member of the Nationals’ middle-infield combo is lacking in the confidence department. Each believes he can do just about anything on the diamond, and each believes the other can probably do it even better, as you’ll read in my full article for CSNwashington.com.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts