Feb 26, 2011, 7:25 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — Cla Meredith's chance of making the Nationals' bullpen, already long when camp started, has become even more unlikely.
Meredith, who had to cut his first bullpen session short last week after experiencing pain in his surgically repaired right elbow, had another setback yesterday that required another MRI.
The results of that test (an arthrogram) haven't been read by doctors yet, but Meredith doesn't sound optimistic he'll be allowed to resume pitching anytime soon.
"I'm certainly not any help to myself or the Washington Nationals right now if my elbow's not right," he said.
Meredith, a sidearm-throwing reliever who was a key member of the Padres' bullpen from 2006-09, struggled last season with the Orioles andRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day