Feb 26, 2011, 7:25 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Cla Meredith's chance of making the Nationals' bullpen, already long when camp started, has become even more unlikely.
Meredith, who had to cut his first bullpen session short last week after experiencing pain in his surgically repaired right elbow, had another setback yesterday that required another MRI.
The results of that test (an arthrogram) haven't been read by doctors yet, but Meredith doesn't sound optimistic he'll be allowed to resume pitching anytime soon.
"I'm certainly not any help to myself or the Washington Nationals right now if my elbow's not right," he said.
Meredith, a sidearm-throwing reliever who was a key member of the Padres' bullpen from 2006-09, struggled last season with the Orioles andRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche