Feb 26, 2011, 10:52 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Chien-Ming Wang took another positive step today.
VIERA, Fla. — The biggest development of the day at Nationals camp was Chien-Ming Wang's continued progression. He looked sharp during his live BP session, and he's slated to pitch an inning or two in a minor-league intrasquad game on Friday. (You can read more details, including quotes from Wang and Steve McCatty, in my updated CSNwashington.com article.)
What, though, does all this actually mean for Wang? Is there a chance he might actually be ready to start the season in the majors?
Nobody with the Nationals is ready to go that far yet. They continue to take the ultra-cautious, wait-and-see approach, and probably for good reason. It's been nearly two years since Wang pitched in a major-league game. Let's not go and just assume he's good to go again based on a couple of live BP sessions.
That said, Wang certainly has looked better each time he's thrown this spring, capped by today's round of live BP in which he surrendered aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss