Feb 27, 2011, 9:29 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Though minor-league spring training doesn't begin until mid-March, the Nationals invite a roster full of their top prospects to come to town early and participate in an "accelerated development camp."
These are mostly younger prospects, guys who aren't ready for big-league camp quite yet, plus a handful of veteran minor leaguers who could use some extra work. Some of these players will get a chance to be called up and participate in actual Grapefruit League games, as well.
Among the more notable players in this year's accelerated camp are 2010 draft picks Sammy Solis, A.J. Cole and Robbie Ray; reigning organizational player of the year Tyler Moore; and young outfield prospects Destin Hood and Eury Perez.
Here's the complete roster of 43 players participating this spring…
RHP Aaron Barrett
RHP James Barthmaier
LHP Mitchell Clegg
RHP A.J. ColeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis