Feb 27, 2011, 9:29 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Though minor-league spring training doesn't begin until mid-March, the Nationals invite a roster full of their top prospects to come to town early and participate in an "accelerated development camp."
These are mostly younger prospects, guys who aren't ready for big-league camp quite yet, plus a handful of veteran minor leaguers who could use some extra work. Some of these players will get a chance to be called up and participate in actual Grapefruit League games, as well.
Among the more notable players in this year's accelerated camp are 2010 draft picks Sammy Solis, A.J. Cole and Robbie Ray; reigning organizational player of the year Tyler Moore; and young outfield prospects Destin Hood and Eury Perez.
Here's the complete roster of 43 players participating this spring…
RHP Aaron Barrett
RHP James Barthmaier
LHP Mitchell Clegg
RHP A.J. ColeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama