Feb 27, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tyler Clippard is assured of a spot in the Opening Day bullpen.
VIERA, Fla. — We're nearly two weeks into camp now and the Nationals are still waiting for one of their key offseason acquisitions to arrive.
Henry Rodriguez, the flamethrowing right-hander picked up from the A's in the Josh Willingham trade, has been stuck in Venezeula waiting for visa issues to be sorted out. It appeared he'd be arriving several days ago, but his locker remains empty.
According to Jim Riggleman, Rodriguez is now slated to report on Tuesday. Once he arrives, Rodriguez will try to catch up with the rest of the staff, throwing a couple of bullpen sessions, a live BP session or two and maybe appear in a minor-league instrasquad game before debuting against big-league hitters.
The other hard-throwing reliever who had been delayed by visa problems, Elvin Ramirez, has been in camp since Thursday and has thrown in the bullpen twice now. Riggleman and other team officials have liked what they've seen from the Rule 5 draftee, who has exhibitedRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone
- Desmond arrives in Viera, now what about his future with Nats?