Feb 27, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tyler Clippard is assured of a spot in the Opening Day bullpen.
VIERA, Fla. — We're nearly two weeks into camp now and the Nationals are still waiting for one of their key offseason acquisitions to arrive.
Henry Rodriguez, the flamethrowing right-hander picked up from the A's in the Josh Willingham trade, has been stuck in Venezeula waiting for visa issues to be sorted out. It appeared he'd be arriving several days ago, but his locker remains empty.
According to Jim Riggleman, Rodriguez is now slated to report on Tuesday. Once he arrives, Rodriguez will try to catch up with the rest of the staff, throwing a couple of bullpen sessions, a live BP session or two and maybe appear in a minor-league instrasquad game before debuting against big-league hitters.
The other hard-throwing reliever who had been delayed by visa problems, Elvin Ramirez, has been in camp since Thursday and has thrown in the bullpen twice now. Riggleman and other team officials have liked what they've seen from the Rule 5 draftee, who has exhibitedRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How Scherzer decision could make another National an All-Star
- Span gets MRI; plus updates on Escobar and Zim
- Scherzer, Cueto face off as Nats take on Reds
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby